Friday, April 11, 2008

Les's Bowtie Pasta Salad


One of my favorites lunches- think pasta salad and Caesar salad mixed together. I created when I first got married for a wedding a catered back, I was a college instructor at the time, but somehow I got roped into wedding catering- you never can tell what I'll stick my fingers in next. It is perfect for serving large crowds on a tight budget and tastes like summer. It is a pretty forgiving recipe you can edit quantities and improvise to your liking.

Les's Bowtie Pasta Salad
10 oz. bowtie pasta- cooked, drained, cooled (toss lightly with olive oil)
Large head romaine lettuce -torn
1/2 each of Red, yellow, and orange bell peppers- diced
Fresh Parmesan cheese
(chicken strips- if as a "main dish" (if its a side you can leave out the chicken)

1/2 bottle Creamy Caesar Dressing of your choice
edible nasturtiums (if its a classy party)

Toss pasta and lettuce together with creamy Caesar dressing until coated. Add diced peppers, chicken, toss gently. Top with cheese and edible flowers.

1 comment:

Swimmingmom said...

My favorite, my favorite!!!!!