Friday, April 11, 2008

College Boyfriend Breadsticks

See I had this boyfriend, KC, who I dated for most of my college years. (he was a good cook, but he can't take credit for this recipe but "college boyfriend's friend's wife's breadsticks" is too long of a title- and "college boyfriend breadsticks". Once we (me and KC) went to dinner at the home of one of his friend's, D & N. Well, in the course of the evening his wife and I made these breadsticks and they were so good. The one part that stuck in my head was that one of the ingredients was malted milk powder. I meant to get the recipe but then D&N moved and I broke up with KC and my hopes of getting the recipe were dashed. So for the 11 years since that night, I have thought about these breadsticks. I was thinking about them again as I was driving home from church a few months ago and decided I WOULD find the recipes. So when I walked in the door, I went immediately to the computer and scoured the internet for breadstick recipes with malted milk powder. Well I experimented a little, and made some modifications and here they are... They are fast, easy, and excessively yummy- think breadstick nirvana.

College Boyfriend Breadsticks
Dissolve:

1 Tbsp. yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
1 1/2 c. warm water
Then Add:

1 Tbsp. malted milk powder
1 tsp. salt
3- 3 1/2 cups flour.

Mix together well. Melt 1/4 c. butter. Pour half of the butter in 9x13" pan. press dough in pan. Pour remaining butter on top. Sprinkle generously with mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle lightly with garlic salt. Let rise for 15-30 min. Then bake at 400 for 12-15 minutes.

No comments: